Friday, November 02, 2007

Thirteen years already?

Most people think this is pretty silly, but my husband and I still celebrate the anniversary of our first date, which is this weekend. Sometimes we even cherish it more than our wedding anniversary. We figure, the first date was the most important event, which started our relationship, which led to marriage, and eventually children. But without that first date, none of the other things would have followed.

Anyway, we are celebrating thirteen years together, and yes, I have a babysitter this time! We still don't have any concrete plans nailed down, but just knowing we will have a whole evening to ourselves makes us giddy. It's been far too long since I've been on a date with my husband.

Now I've mentioned before that we don't exchange gifts anymore and haven't in many years. So I'm not expecting a pearl necklace or anything. We'll probably just have a nice night on the town. The weather on Sunday will be absolutely perfect (high of 72, low of 55), so we would be happy just hanging out in Basin Park with some hot tea, talking and people-watching. Aahhhh, I'm getting more relaxed just thinking about it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

Woo-hoo! Sounds like a grand time to me! I think it's great that you celebrate your first date anniversary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home