Monday, October 29, 2007

Storage for hobbies


Lately it seems like my house is becoming overrun with the kids' artwork and their craft supplies. Right now some of it is in the kitchen pantry, and the rest is in a large plastic tote in the basement. Now that my children can open the tote themselves, they take out whatever they want and I find art supplies all over the floor in their playroom. I feel like we must implement some shelving or other storage solutions for those items. I like having them within reach so the children can get things themselves, but they are not quite old enough to do all the projects themselves.

I guess a unit with shelves inside, but with a door that can be locked on the outside would be an ideal choice. Then when I decide it is arts and crafts time, we open the cabinet and they can grab whatever they want for their projects. I know this system works well because that is how they organize the classrooms in elementary school. Since keeping fifteen children organized is no easy task, I know if it works at school, it should work at home just fine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home