Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On the ice


With the cold weather and some snow and ice around, I always think of ice skating. I don't think they could have an outdoor rink here since it doesn't stay cold long enough, but when we lived in Colorado I remember going to the outdoor rink in Evergreen with my mom. It is a whole different experience than skating indoors. They even have hockey leagues that practice outdoors there.

My mom is from Canada and her family is very big into hockey. I remember at my Grandpapa's house, there was always a hockey game on TV and we would play on an old hockey board game with movable figures. For people who are really into hockey, there are NHL Forums where you can chat with other fans about all the National teams and players. They have separate forums within the site for each hockey team, as well as general forums for discussion on different hockey-related topics.

They also have an arcade area where you can play games like Pacman, Tetris, Asteroids, Pinball, and others. This is a neat idea because when you post to a forum, sometimes you want to wait and see if you get any responses. What better way to spend a few minutes than to reminisce with some old arcade games from your youth?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home