Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter celebration success

At the library, we hosted a Harry Potter event last Saturday to celebrate the release of the final book. This has been in the works for months now and I am relieved to say that it went very well indeed. Only a couple of snags occurred, and nothing really major. We were planning for about 150 children and although I don't know the final number, I know we ran out of Hogwarts bags in the first hour and we had 175 of those prepared. Also, we ran out of magic wands that the children could create and keep, so some children were upset about that.

Overall, things ran very smoothly. All the volunteers who helped by acting out characters from the book and movie series did an awesome job and everyone had a great time. Unfortunately, we forgot our camera, so I can't post any pictures at this time. But I know several newspaper photographers were there, so I will post those pictures when I get the papers this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home