Saturday, December 16, 2006

Eureka in the morning

This morning, I was trying to get to the Post Office as soon as it opened to mail out holiday packages to our relatives. During the week it opens at 8:15, so that's what time I headed over. When I got there it was closed, and I found out that on Saturdays the PO is only open from 10am to noon.

Since I had the kids with me and didn't really feel like going home and coming back two hours later, my daughter suggested we walk around downtown. This is one of her favorite things to do since she is so outgoing and likes to meet people all the time. The weather is very warm today, so I thought it sounded like a good idea too. So we walked around town waiting for the PO to open. All the shops downtown open around 10am also, so it was very quiet and nice.

We walked to Basin Park so the kids could get a close-up view of the Nativity and the other decorations there. On our way back up to the PO, some of the shops started to open and it was really nice to see all the shop owners preparing for a big shopping day. You really can get a sense of all the different types of people that live and work here. It's nice to have such a blend of styles all working together.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home