Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tired and have no patience

I think we are in serious need of a vacation. Even just a little one. We have been getting stir crazy. It has been almost two years since our last family vacation. My youngest is finally at an age where he could handle a trip well, I think. We'll try to go to Denver this summer because my sister-in-law and my great friend will both be having babies. We're the only ones in the family with kids so far, so this is a big deal - our kids will finally have a cousin and we will have a niece.

I just feel so drained and tired lately - like I'm always trying to catch up on lost sleep. I find myself snapping at the kids and the dog very easily and it's not their fault, I just have no patience anymore. My husband is feeling the same way. We used to talk about having a large family with four or more kids, but as it stands, I don't think we could handle it. Plus, we like to travel so much and if you have a baby, you pretty much have to wait a couple of years before taking any trips. Babies just require so much gear - car seat, carrier, stroller, playpen, etc. They also don't like change from their daily routine so the trip ends up being totally stressful. We went on a few trips when my daughter was a baby and learned our lesson. That's why it's been so long since our last trip.

Anyway, I'm just frustrated and can't wait until the Spring when we can get out and do more outside.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger jolibe said...

I know the feeling! We are going stir crazy here in Denver too. There is so much snow and ice around - there is no way to go outside and play. So I've been taking my son to the mall just to walk around, plus they have a kid's play area. That 2 hour outing seems to calm down both of us! Eureka Springs probably doesn't have a mall - but how about a rec center or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home