Friday, June 29, 2007

Furniture updates and changes

Along with our wish list of improvements to our house, we also have a list of home furniture we would like to update. On the top of the list is a dining room table. The one we have now has been with us for seven years and it is very small. It was fine when it was just my husband and I, but now we are a family of four with two children who like to kick while they eat at the table. Several bruised shins later, let's just say we have definitely outgrown the table.

Our plan is to move the current table into a corner of the basement, where I would like to create a "homework station" for my daughter. She will be in first grade next year and she really needs a place of her own to create artwork and to complete school assignments. Plus, I would like to hang shelves down there so she can keep all her art supplies together, instead of tucked in different cabinets in the kitchen like they are now.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

I think your idea of making a homework/art station is really great! The more organized and available it is, the more likely the kids will use it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home