Friday, June 29, 2007

Something missing?

My daughter was very fidgety last night at bedtime, which is unusual for her. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I don't know, Mom. I just feel like something is missing." These sounded like very mature words coming from a six year old's mouth. I asked her to tell me more about how she felt and she said she couldn't explain it. I know she absolutely loves living here, loves our house and loves life in general. So it puzzled me greatly to hear her say that she feels like something is missing.

I am probably over thinking the situation and she just misses school, her friends, and the lack of activities during summer break. I try to do as much as I can with my children, but I can't possibly fill a child's day like being in school. Finding activities for both children is difficult because my son can't do all the things my daughter wants to do.

On a more positive note, we have started doing chores together, which she loves and helps me out a great deal. Even my toddler enjoys helping me put the clothes in the dryer and matching socks when I fold laundry. Kids are usually happy with simple things, so I am trying my best to be creative in finding things for us to do around the house that don't cost any money. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Share them here!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger jolibe said...

You know what popped into my mind as I read this? A Baby! I know, I know...it's probably because I'm getting ready to "pop" any day now. But I just thought I'd share, it even gave me goosebumps! :) What a sensitive little girl you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home